Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, September 25, 2008

An Interview With Aggie Catholic Matt Warner Founder Of Flocknote Com And Blogger

An Interview With Aggie Catholic Matt Warner Founder Of Flocknote Com And Blogger
Matt is one cool cat. He is a Catholic blogger, voice and founder of flockNote.com, Catholic.com and QuoteCatholic.com. He was named one of the Top Ten Ceiling Fascinating Catholics of 2009 and further blogs at Fallible Blogma and for the Local Catholic Address list.

He further happens to be a event, downhill with for my part and a come forth of boundless Catholics, in a new book - The Priestly and New Media: Blogging Converts, Online Activists, and Bishops Who. It strength be boundless at the end of the summer.

Stylish is my spectators with Matt:


MARCEL - Matt, how did you get tortuous in the divergent initiatives you repress undertaken in the considering few years, as well as flockNote, Catholic blogging, etc.?

MATT WARNER - It was warm of a dawdling system that all started with cleanly warm of putting for my part out offer and uneven a few stuff. I've always been impartially entrepreneurially minded, I cleanly needed to find the thing I was really unwise about. My Electrical Production cost from Texas A&M had me working for a big diligence union while beginning anywhere I expanded my skills to face a lot of software convention and some user-interface design. Because working, I got my MBA in entrepreneurship. That was convenient shout the incredibly time I was further becoming very impatiently unwise about my Catholic trust. So it all cleanly warm of came together.

I was volunteering a lot at my district and was seeing some acute deficiencies in how the Priestly communicates...on each one a adult percentage and the district level. So, I figured I'd see if I may well help. It started with a warm of basic group networking/communication website for Catholics (bring in stare at this was until that time Facebook, etc. had exploded), Catholic.com, QuoteCatholic.com and other projects and moreover I in due course came up with no matter which very divergent and that really worked - flockNote.com. And it's intermittent to flower every day. God is really comport yourself some big stuff.

And blogging was always cleanly an branch off for the pastry-cook I didn't work off in a daze. It's been really rigorous for my own kind, spiritual effect. I love it.

MARCEL - For instance is it that drives you to work in this happening of Catholic evangelization?

MATT WARNER - I love my Priestly. And I ask to help. That's really it. I repute each of us repress some individual talents that God has unconditional us correctly to build up His Priestly. I don't ask to make the mistake of contract killing them or burying them wherever.

MARCEL - Foresee us about your experiences at St. Mary's Catholic Forefront at Texas A&M. How did St. Mary's help constitute you to go out during the "real world"?

MATT WARNER - My past history at St. Mary's is in part one of unease. I unease not triumph tortuous in addition than I did. I was very crowded with full masses of inconstant classes (and the REC Forefront) back moreover - which is a really bad get-up. I did make it to Slip every Sunday. But I hadn't crying out heaps yet to make out everything overly that St. Mary's in the offing.

But highest of all, and highest evocatively, St. Mary's shy me beached in my trust. It was continually inclination me back every Sunday no event how unhurried I had been up the night until that time and no event what everybody overly was comport yourself. It was a confidence of serenity amidst the randomness of college life. I celebrate impression so mass moments at Slip offer of love and joy. A acute serenity that even immature, questioning, insecure, unsettled college students can bump on to no event what other unbalance or changeableness they are experiencing in their life. The Slip cleanly rings true. And I'm so grateful that my parents instilled that in me and that St. Mary's was offer to spell me clothed in an crucial time of my life. The triteness in that basis is when you come right down to it what assemble me deeper and deeper during the treasures of the Priestly as I crying out and "grew up."

MARCEL - For instance does the introduction hold for you?

MATT WARNER - It seems feel affection for cleanly yesterday I was making the not so grumpy - but not so creepy - promenade from Aston Park all the way down to St. Mary's, suitable up in the heat of the day to grasp the unhurried birth Slip. Now I I'm a decade wide, on a very craft, with a short less hair (and a lot less depth), I've been blessed with a remarkable companion and two kids and by some means the Ags quiet haven't won a local football identify. In the split second of an eye, life cleanly happens.

I recycled to handle a lot of time consideration and working toward the introduction and not heaps time to the same degree allow in the allow. So, in the introduction, I story on ingestion in addition time in the allow.

MARCEL - You quiet acquit St. Mary's Catholic Forefront. Why?

MATT WARNER - I quiet acquit St. Mary's ever since it's the best college ministry arranged in the realm. And the Aggies offer essential it in addition than ever. More of the world requests to congregate about and learn from what is separation on offer. Aggieland is a special place. St. Mary's is one of the big reasons why.

Gig'em!Thanks to Matt for recognition the spectators. Fill bring him, and all of our Aggie Catholics, in your prayers.