Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

261 Blacksmithing Should I Drop It

261 Blacksmithing Should I Drop It
right now im a 66 warrior with 261 bsing and 375 mining... i dont think ill be able to make much money ever with blacksmithing and ill just wind up spending tons of money i dont have (since this is my first character) to get probably the only thing i could use with blacksmithing, a lionheart executioner... im thinking about dropping blacksmithing for something more useful or something i could make money off of like jewelcrafting or enchanting... any advice? /me looks at your name.

Didn't you just spam a gold selling site in Orgrimar? j/k

Making money with jewelcrafting and enchanting can be tricky. It often takes a little investment to get nice recipes to start off (of course disenchanting is decently reliable). Since you already have max mining I'd suggest going JC so you can prospect for If there is no bop items in BS that u wish to use over any others then id dump it - might pay to check the expansion forums to see if they have improved its gold making abilities.

Im a holy Pally maxed out in BS and it really is completely useless to me. All i use it for is making rods for my mage enchanter.

You will use bucket loads of ore to lvl it too, which as the previous poster suggested you could use that ore for prospecting and actually make some money.

And another point, as far as rep reward recipres go BS is lacking badly behind JC. There seems to be multiple JC design recipes available at rep vendors and very few BS ones. I am not sure about dropping BS because mine is very low...

JC makes money - especially on Tuesdays (arena restarts). I made more than 2000 gold in 2 weeks after my JC leveled to 350. (61 shaman). You need to buy useful designs like Agi, spell damage or healing to make better profits, though.

Also, the cut gems can be used by anyone including your own characters.

Enchanting, however, can only apply on yourself, others but not your other characters gears except BOE items. When you enchant for others, you get tips from 1 - 10 gold and free for guild mates after you advertise on trade channel for hours. The only good thing comes out of enchanting is dis-enchanting that you can sell those disenchanted shards or dusts. Cant you ask your friends or guild mates to disenchant? Is "dis-enchanting" enchanting? LOL!

Enchanting is so far the least useful professions among my alchemy, herbalism, LW, JC, skinning, mining, fishing, cooking, and tailoring. It might get better when the wotlk comes out but who knows. I'm all up for the jc. I made 8000g in three weeks time. I'm about to drop bs from my main as it is worthless for me too.. very few things to make money at. Quel'Danas dailies offer 150 gold a day. Just get level 70.

'Superb' trading skills don't bring gold at once. Making money by gathering requires riding 300. Making money by crafting requires a hefty load of instance play for reputation and materials.

It's ok to stick with QD dailies and get your [item]blazefury[/item] crafted. Quote:

I'm all up for the jc. I made 8000g in three weeks time. I'm about to drop bs from my main as it is worthless for me too.. very few things to make money at.

dang - thats good money.

I'm having the same problem....Not sure I have a 64 dwarf paladin, he's at 325 mining, but 245 BS. What should I do? JC seems very tempting... Quote:

I'm having the same problem....Not sure I have a 64 dwarf paladin, he's at 325 mining, but 245 BS. What should I do? JC seems very tempting...

stick with mining. if you're unsure about BS, try to get to 70 first, then do the Isle of QQ dailies. they're easy peasy just gotta get used to ganks. get your flyer first. remember that JC doesnt get good until the end. but at least you have a craft that sells usefull things. also, check to see if your BSing items is better than things you can simply get for rep+gold, or have someone make it for you with the ores you mine. if what you're aiming for is a Bind on Equip weapon, then you can have anyone make that. you need to balance it out yourself and see what you can get from other sources.

anyway, remember, keep your mining and keep doing your SSO dailies. heck, there's a quest that requires mining/skinning/herbing, so that's a bonus right there, for 16 gold daily. I'm holding on to my 'smithing at this stage in the vague hope that it might be less broken in WOLK (I held on to it before TBC for the same reason...). But that's at 375 skill.

At 261, it hasn't really got expensive to level yet, so if you want to drop it you don't lose much. Up to you :-)