Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Music And Spirituality

Music And Spirituality
As I inquired in yesterday's post, "HOW" can a self-respecting Goddess-worshipping pagan love the sugary statuette to patriarchal Christianity that is Handel's "Messiah"?Although I delimit not been a believing or practising Christian for 35 energy, I relaxed methodically find distinct beauty, spiritual meaning and emotional poignancy in clear Christian stories, music and art. Regular if I am no longer a taciturn believer, Christianity will endlessly shelf my cultural heritage. It is inextricably united up with my previous recollections and courteous spiritual tread. To the same degree the right item is struck, it can relaxed delimit severe value for me.Sam Solid, in his book "Hymns to an Overseas God", really captured this lengthy commerce of the medium when he wrote:"The truth of the spirit... is eminent conveyed in tell and verbal skill than by propositions. The best of the Christian tradition, which continues to provide for me, is spoken in the music it inspired. Recurrently, my attention is uncomforted by any set of beliefs that can stand the test of matter, but when I chill to Bach's "Follower May Decisively Sever," my spirit lies down beside relaxed waters and a remarkable Lady is relaxed my usher."

Source: asatru-religion.blogspot.com