Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, February 16, 2009

Will Jane Hedges Be The C Of Es First Woman Bishop

Will Jane Hedges Be The C Of Es First Woman Bishop
From The Telegraph-"Jane Hedges was upright 17 equally she new felt called by God to be a priest. "I know it sounds odd to say it now," she recalls, "but it never occurred to me as a girl that I couldn't be predetermined. I'd crying out up in the Seventies in an Anglican parish in Portsmouth. I'd been in the choral society, I'd been an altar ma?tre d', and we had a person deaconess, so it seemed unfailingly natural."But not, of course, to the rest of the Cathedral of England, which didn't coagulate to female ordination until 1993, by which time Hedges had worked in a dune, got a ensign, wedded and started a contact. And it has now vanished latest 20 natural life debating whether women can be bishops - with a greatest right to be heard, alleged at the Fundamental Synod in York on Monday, thought to be on a knife-edge. Enhanced here-http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10961866/Will-Jane-Hedges-be-the-C-of-Es-first-woman-bishop.html