Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Does The World Stand On The Verge Of Spiritual Rebirth Carl Jung

Does The World Stand On The Verge Of Spiritual Rebirth Carl Jung
The Compensation of Persephone by Frederic Leighton This is what theologians for clear centuries worry been bewail for; what compound of them worry ostensible to see as the crow flies the fog of fears, dishearten and bareness, require a star spring in the high outer space. I am not a theologian; I am a doctor, a psychologist. But as a doctor, I worry had link with thousands of fill with from all parts of the world-those who came to snake me the stories of their lives, their hopes, their uncertainties, their achievements, their failures. I worry awkward good-naturedly their psychology, which is, and which requirement be, my guide. Out of my link with population thousands of patients, I worry become confident that the psychological notice of today is a spiritual notice, a stanch notice, Man today hungers and thirsts for a safe relationship to the psychic services within himself. His consciousness, recoiling from the difficulties of the modern world, lacks a relationship to safe spiritual status. This makes him thrilling, ill, fearful. Science has told him that bestow is no God, and that stuff is all bestow is. This has needy planet of its thrive, its tiny bit of well-being and of rigidity in a safe world. As modern man is encouraged back upon himself by thought and trepidation, he looks inward to his own psychic life to allow him no matter which of which his apparent life has needy him. In view of 'the accomplish thorough interest in all sorts of psychic phenomena-an interest such as the world has not developed equally the continue to exist shortened of the seventeenth century-it does not association more than the crowd of option to maintain that we stand on the gateway of a new spiritual epoch; and that from the sorry for yourself of man's own psychic life new spiritual forms fortitude be natural. Look at the world about us, and what do we see? The destruction of compound religions. It is by and large admitted that the churches are not holding the the upper classes as they did,chiefly clued-up the upper classes, who do not feel any longer that they are redeemed by a system of theology. The especially thing is seen in the old established religions of the East- Confucianism and Buddhism. Not whole the temples in Peking are empty. In our Western world millions of the upper classes do not go to church. Protestantism perplexed is downtrodden up in vogue four hundred denominations. Judge against this maw of life and caution with that of the Predominant Ages. In population centuries neighboring everyone went to Mass every daylight. The whole life was lived within the church, which became a excellent sphere of psychic energy. More exactly, we worry today an intricate and testing life full of preset devices for living. A life strict with motor cars and radios and outcome pictures. But none of these matter is a swap for what we worry lost. Spirituality gives us a thriving submission for our atmosphere. It gives meaning to life. Man in the Predominant Ages lived in a historic world. He knew that God had finished the world for a blockade purpose; had finished him for a blockade purpose-to get to heaven, or to get to hell. It finished method. These days the world in which all of us out of bed is a madhouse. This is what compound the upper classes are tiny bit, Specific of population the upper classes come to me to snake me so. All that energy which was the origin of the thriving thrive of man's affecting life arrived the Predominant Ages, and which found demeanor in the knack of inestimable stanch pictures, the statue of inestimable stanch statues, the household of the inestimable cathedrals, has gone muted,)It is not lost, what it is a law that energy cannot be lost. Subsequently what has become of it? Where has it gone? The establish is that it is in man's vain. It may be understood to worry fallen down in vogue a minion storey. Continue the representation of a group man-successful, thriving, not yet old. He is probably forty-five. He says, "I worry finished my fortune; I worry sons who are old a lot to carry on the group which I founded. I fortitude extract. I fortitude build a fine station in the license and out of bed bestow flaw any cares and qualms." So he retires. He builds his station and goes to out of bed in it. He says to himself, "Now my life fortitude begin." But nil happens. One daylight he is in his bear. He is conscious of a annoy in his turn. All day he qualms about it; wonders what it can be. When he goes to the person he does not eat. In a few days his absorption is out of order. In a fortnight he is very ill. The doctors he has called in do not know what is the stuff with him. To finish one of them says to him: "Your life lacks interest. Go back to your group. Continue it up over." The man is talented, and this advice seems to him sound. He decides to keep it. He goes back to his fork and sits down at his old escritoire and declares that now he fortitude help his sons in the have a hold over. But what the initial group record is brought to him, he cannot fine particles on it. He cannot make the decisions it calls for. Now he is really fearful about his do well. You see what happened. He couldn't go back. It was earlier than too behind schedule. But his energy is languid bestow, and it requirement be used. This man comes to me with his notice. I say to him: "You were comparatively emphatically to extract from group. But not in vogue nothingness. You requirement worry no matter which you can stand on. In all the being in which you incessant your energy to household up your group you never built up any interests unlikely of it. You had nil to extract on." This is a picture of the do well of man today. This is why we feel that bestow is no matter which deceptive with the world. All the gear interests, the automobiles and radios and skyscrapers we worry, don't assure the hungry time. We try to extract from the world, but to what? Specific try to go back to the churches. A few are strong to do this. But compound are not discrimination this altogether pleasantly. They are require the group man who tried to go back to his escritoire. And these the upper classes come to me, asking me to help them to find a meaning in their lives. In the role of shall I snake them? In the midst of them comes a man who is abandoned preferably thrilling. He says to me: "I am not really very poorly. Perhaps I could do with not be appearing in at all sack up your time. But I know you are active with the everyday worry. I caution, from this time, that you ability be strong to snake me on what terms I may out of bed. I worry the tiny bit of in the function of dejected and solitary in a world that makes no method." I say to him: "My taciturn man, I don't know any choice than you do the meaning of the world or the meaning of your life. But you-all men-were natural with a attend to prepared finished. It took millions of being to build the attend to and the body we now worry. Your attend to embodies all the link of life. The intellectual, which may be called the life of the attend to, existed in front consciousness existed in the stunted child. "Now, picture that I am in select of advice about living, and I know of a man who is earlier than thousands of being old. I go to him and say, 'You worry seen compound changes; you worry observed and developed life under compound aspects. My life is short-perhaps seventy being, probably less-and you worry lived for thousands of being. Check in me the meaning of life for me.' " When I say this to my uncomplaining, he cocks his ears and looks at me. "No," I say, "I am not that man. But that man speaks to you every night. How? In your thoughts." I go on: "You are in worry. You feel that your life has no quotation. I cannot snake you what to do. But let us ask the Strong Old Man. He fortitude snake you. Go barred for a few days, and you fortitude worry a dream. Arrive back and snake me about it." He goes away; he comes back and brings me a dream. It is compound to work out. But we do work it out together, and it tells us no matter which about him. Certain the upper classes lose knot with life what they worry finished mistakes, or what they are living the deceptive way, in a life that is brainy abandoned. The thoughts they bring to a psychologist fortitude take up these matter initial. All thoughts reveal spiritual experiences, provided one does not wield one's own dwelling of view to the interpretation of them. Freud says that all man's longings articulated in his thoughts discern to sexuality. It is true that man is a in the function of with sex. But he is both a in the function of with a endure and a liver. As well say that what he has a liver all his troubles come from that one part. Antiquated man has stunted query with sex. The execution of his sexual desires is too easy to accomplish a notice. In the role of concerns chief man-and I worry lived along with primitives, and Freud has not-is his food: where he is to get it, and a lot of it. Good man in his thoughts reveals his spiritual select. When modern science clean heaven it did not find God. Specific scientists say that the renaissance of Jesus, the virgin natural, the miracles-all population matter which fed Christian caution as the crow flies ages, are more willingly stories, but none the less impolite. But what I say is, Do not look right through the fact that these stuff which millions of men carried with them as the crow flies generations are inestimable eternal psychological truths. Let us test at this truth as the psychologist sees it. Trendy is the worry of man, flaw injury, pure, scrub, symbolized by a virgin. And that virgin worry of man can allow natural to God himself. "The realm of heaven is within you." This is a inestimable psychological truth. Christianity is a tenuous system of psychoanalysis. It heals the ordeal of the time. This is the truth which man has clung to as the crow flies the ages. Reliable formerly his consciousness has listened too crave at the boasting of modern materialistic science, he clings to it in his vain. The old symbols are good today. They fit our minds as well as they fitted the minds that conceived them. Bottomless in the vain of each one of us are all the attempts of that Strong Old Man to show his spiritual experiences. Participate I ask you to stoppage in my station. I snake you that it is well built, comfortable; that our life is pleasant; that you fortitude worry good harvest. You can cylinder in the share and walk in the garden. With these beliefs in your worry you stubborn to come, and you gain your stoppage. But picture, what I ask you, I say to you: "This station is insecure. The foundations are not bolt. We worry compound earthquakes in this power. Too all that, we worry had failure appearing in. Self only died of tuberculosis in this room." Underneath population status and with these stuff in your worry, do you gain your stoppage in that house? That medieval man we worry talked of had a tenuous relationship with God. He lived in a safe world, or one that he supposed to be safe. God looked out for everyone in it; he salaried the good and punished the bad. Portray was the church where the man possibly will continually get liberty and shine. He had abandoned to walk bestow to grab it. His prayerswere heard. He was spiritually besotted care of. But what is modern man told? Science has told him that bestow is no one sack care of him. And so he is full of trepidation. For a time, formerly we gave up that medieval God, we had gold for a deity. But now that, too, has been acknowledged weak. We trusted in armies, but the threat of infect gas not working them. Prior to the upper classes speech about the bordering war. In Berlin they worry built dugouts under the streets for harbor from infect gas attacks. If they go on foreign language in this way, place this way, the bordering war fortitude wreck of itself. Conventionally a lot, in a world of this sequence, everybody gets thrilling. Reliable if the station you out of bed in is really safe, if you worry the thought that it is not, you fortitude torture yourself. Your imprint depends altogether on what you consider. In making this dwelling to my students, I say: "How do you stride a thing? By its gear. And habitually by its awful gear. An landslide occurs which wipes barred a dozen farms, kills scores of cows, and you say, 'An lie of an avalanche!' Now, snake me, what is the utmost destructive thing you know of ?" In turn we inspect fire, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, diseases. Subsequently I say, "Can you consider of nil choice awful than any of these things? In the role of about the Innovation War?" Ah, yes! High-ceilinged explosives. "But," I say, "do high explosives make themselves? Do they declare war. It is the intellectual of man that makes wars. Not his consciousness. His consciousness is horrible, but his vain, which contains the familial savagery as we l as the spiritual strivings of the attitude,) says to. him, "Now it is time to make war. Now is the time to pit and pause." And he does it. The utmost excellent jeopardy that man has to squeezing out is the power of his stuff. No substantial power on earth ever vanished ten million men in four being. But man's intellectual did it. And It can do it, self-satisfied. I am horrible of one thing only-the object of the upper classes. I worry maneuver of bear wary matter. I out of bed appearing in in my station cheerfully with my period. But picture they get the nightmare that I am a devil. Can I be joyful with them then? Can I be safe? All of us are subject to chew infections. I Mass infections) are better than man. And man is their objective. He shouts and parades and pretends that he is the untouchable, but really he is their objective. They are the up flow of lay and spiritual services from the dilution of the intellectual. Area office the eye of consciousness within to see what is bestow. Let us see what we can do in thorough ways. If I worry planted a cabbage emphatically, after that I worry served the world in that place. I do not know what choice I can do. Shield the spirits that speak in you. Persuade barbed. The modern man requirement be absolutely conscious of the faraway dangers that lie in chew movements. Chill to what the vain says. Hearken to the pronounce of that Strong Old Man within you who has lived so crave, who has seen and developed so drastically. Try to understand the fortitude of God: The critically intense cruelty of the intellectual. I say: Go cool. Go cool. With every good bestow comes a correspondent evil, and with every evil a correspondent good. Don't run too fast in vogue one unless you are ended to discussion the other. I am not bothered about the world. I am bothered about the the upper classes with whom I out of bed. The other world is all in the compel. My period and my neighbors are my life-the abandoned life that I can link. In the role of lies more than is copy mythology. It is not of roomy distinction that I make a affair or create inestimable matter for for my part. In the role of is substantial and historic to my life is that I shall out of bed as absolutely as practicable to carry out the divine fortitude within me. This state of affairs gives me so drastically to do that I worry no time or any other. Let me dwelling out that if we were all to out of bed in that way we would select no armies, no standardize, no dexterity, no politics, no banks. We would worry a historic life and not what we worry now-madness. In the role of have an effect on asks of the apple-tree is that it shall bring forth apples, and of the pear-tree that it shall bring forth pears. Making requirements me to be somberly man. But a man conscious of what I am, and of what I am accomplishment. God seeks consciousness in man. This is the truth of the natural and the renaissance of Christ within. As choice and choice place men come to it, this is the spiritual rebirth of the world. Christ, the Logos-that is to say, the worry, the understanding, furious in vogue the shadows. Christ was a new truth about man. Mankind has no essence. I come into view, you come into view. But mankind is abandoned a word. Be what God maneuver you to be; don't anxiety about mankind which doesn't come into view, you are avoiding looking at what does exist-the self You are require a man who leans over his neighbor's lock up and says to him: "Look, bestow is a pick over. And over bestow is an-I- other one. And why don't you hoe the rows deeper? And I why don't you tie up your vines?" And all the equally, his own garden, later than usual him, is full of weeds. ~Carl Jung [1934]; C.G. Jung Speaks; Pages 67-75. Carl Jung Range Psychology Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/56536297291/ Carl Jung Range Psychology Blog: http://www.blogger.com/home