Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Picatrix Ghayat Al Hakim The Goal Of The Wise Vol I

Picatrix Ghayat Al Hakim The Goal Of The Wise Vol I Image

Book: Picatrix Ghayat Al Hakim The Goal Of The Wise Vol I by William Kiesel

Book I, On “the nature of the heavens and the effects caused by the images [talismans] in them.”:

The first book of the Picatrix starts with theoretical and philosophical chapters. These contain a fascinating discussion on the nature of magic, and its connection to astrology, which is seen as a kind of bridge through which one must pass to create magical effects in the physical world. Then, we are introduced to the 28 Lunar mansions, and other conditions of the Moon to be learned before electing horoscopes. In Chapter 5, the author gives a list of talismans and their electional “recipes,” which is the heart of Book I. The final two chapters of Book I continue the explanatory and theoretical theme from the earlier chapters.

Find William Kiesel's book in amazon.com:
Picatrix Ghayat Al Hakim The Goal Of The Wise Vol I


Labels: masonic symbol  alyster crowley  freemasons secret  masonic lodge  aleister crowley thoth  knights templar regalia  dictionary of freemasonry  aleister crowley children  pagan books  the magic book